Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Is it ethical to turn on wireless security for an open access point?

In my opinion, George Ou has an ethical obligation to turn this guy in for illegally attaching to several networks and changing settings on users that don't know any better. His actions could possibly cost the owners of the routers several hundred dollars in service calls and someone needs to be held liable.


Is it ethical to turn on wireless security for an open access point? by ZDNet's George Ou -- One of my readers sent me the following question and I thought it posed an interesting question on ethics. I’ll post his email and then I’ll answer his questions. I helped a friend move, and re-established her wireless network working with a new ISP. While working, I encountered 7 wireless networks (in addition to hers), 3 [...]

No comments: